Tuesday, March 28, 2006

All the TV I need

This morning I found Throw Away Your TV blog, which is one of the things I've been looking for, as it has lots of good video clips I can't find elsewhere. The thing I was most looking for was a place that had lots of Bill Maher's New Rules. This, combined with Comedy Central's Motherlode providing all the Daily Show and Colbert Report clips I need plus Crooks & Liars posting lots of good news clips, I'm pretty much set for TV viewing.

We've been without any TV reception for 10 months now, aside from the occasional time visiting friends/family or in hotels. While there have been some times I wish I could have just turned it on and channel surfed to just relax, for the most part I haven't missed it. We've had plenty of stuff to watch in the meantime, however, as we've worked our way thru the following DVD sets:

Monty Python's Flying Circus
Family Guy Seasons 1-3
The Decalogue (quite the change in tone from Family Guy...)
Kids in the Hall season 3
Connections with James Burke (a free VHS rental at our library!)
The Simpsons season 2

I really enjoy watching these sets, as it's easy to just watch a little bit and not get hooked into some other show via channel surfing during commercials. No commercials are also a big plus, too; I'm not sure I'd be able to go back to watching shows when they're broadcast. With the way that DVD sets keep dropping in price (Herc's DVD vault at Ain't It Cool has lots of good updates on this pattern) I don't know that I'll have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home