Tuesday, March 21, 2006

TJs in NYC

One of the reasons I went to Rutgers (instead of another school) was because there was a Trader Joe's not too far away. I'm still pretty shocked to see the crowds at the new NYC Trader Joe's, which forktine told me about yesterday. The comments at Gawker suggest that the NYC folks are following a fad but I wonder if these crowds don't mean that many in NYC are from other cities where there are Trader Joe's. Although there are several in the NYC commuter areas (NJ, CT and Long Island), so it could just be workers who don't want to wait to go home for groceries. I also suspect that many customers have visited cities w/ several (such as Boston) so it's not really a new experience. I eagerly await one to arrive in the high desert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home