Friday, February 17, 2006

Terrapass

Saw an ad for Terrapass on a blog and checked it out, looks like a good idea. But it made me wonder: if everybody got one of these for their car(s), would that bring pollution to an end (the concept seems to suggest that)? Then a look at how many cars there are in the world suggests that, yes, at $30 (cheapest pass) times 300 million cars, I think that would clean up a lot of air.

[and the Terrapass blog is also an interesting read: I didn't know that New Jersey makes NYC smell like maple syrup and 30% of the air pollution in California is imported from China, which brings to mind the article I read about Earth's roaming dust storms]

On the topic of pollution, be careful about how you dispose of your computer. That article is a bit disconcerting to me, given I've tossed lots of computers in the trash in previous jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home