Thursday, September 11, 2008

You down with LHC? You know me!

One life-changing moment I had back in the 80s involved watching an episode of PBS' great show Nova entitled 'What Einstein Never Knew'. It was a great encapsulation of advances in physics following his last great work in the 20s and included brief overviews of things like string theory and the high-energy physics work at the Large Electron Positron Collider at CERN. This episode fascinated me so much I even sent away for the transcript and began to follow some of the topics in the news. I was disappointed when the Superconducting Super Collider was canceled but finally a similar project, the Large Hadron Collider, is now coming online.

Check out the cool LHC photo gallery and then get down with the incredible LHC rap that is referenced within. If you want to worry, you can read what's troubling some folks but keep in mind that some predicted such results with the atom bomb.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home