Monday, July 21, 2008

George Carlin, RIP

It's been a busy past month with travel and such but I wanted to say something about George Carlin's passing. He was one of the first comedians I could name as I used to hear Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television on Dr. Demento back in the late 70s and found it hilarious despite all the words in question being bleeped out. I later memorized his more radio-friendly bits IceBox Man and A Place for My Stuff, again despite half the material being over my head at the time. Around the late 80s I began to resent his more political humor, probably because it made me confront some truths I had trouble accepting. I came around to see that he was seeing things quite clearly, however, as can be seen in most of his recent work, like Consumer Capitalism. It's too bad to see him go but nice to see so much of his work is available online.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home