Saturday, July 01, 2006

Meme: 7 songs

First time I've done this, so forgive me if it's not good for you. I got tagged by mh; thankfully it washes out...

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your livejournal along with your seven songs. Then tag other people to see what they're listening to.

1. Chariot Song - King's X
One of my favorite songs from their self-titled album of 1992, which I listened to a zillion times back when it came out. Still love the sound of Doug Pinnick's 12-string bass.

2. Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack and Peace
Saw Jackie Brown for the first time recently. It might be my favorite QT movie, if only because it features the Del Amo Fashion Center, the biggest mall near me for most of my life. And also that QT doesn't act in it.

3. Night Train - Marvin Berry and the Starlighters / The Oscar Peterson Trio
I was listening to the Oscar Peterson Trio album and was struck by the title track, which I immediately recognized for the first time as being the first song we hear in the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance in Back to the Future. Somebody find me an animated GIF of Crispin Glover dancing to this by himself; the man's a genius.

4. Love Rears Its Ugly Head - Living Colour
A slightly satirical take on relationships from "that black heavy metal band." Not as funny as their later song Bi, which features the chorus "Everybody loves you when you're bi..."

5. Scarecrow People - XTC
The acoustic guitar embelishments could make this the bluesiest XTC song in their catalog.

6. Hotwax - Beck
Another one I wore out back in the mid-90s. Funny these albums all come up together in my methodical yet random CD listening.

7. Ce matin, un Lapin - Chantal Goya
Perhaps the greatest song ever written about a bunny killing a hunter. Aerosmith may have used this for inspiration for Janie's Got a Gun.

I guess I'll tag Mo-li-no, yodellingllama, forktine and whoever else wants to post their listening list in comments. If you're like Ms. Goat and have trouble w/ posting comments, email it to me...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home