Thursday, November 10, 2005



Did my first round of electronic voting the other day. It wasn't any more difficult than the punch cards or pulling the levers, but it's tough not to be suspicous of electronic voting. I'm still looking forward to Instant Runoff Voting. It was nice to see Arnold's propositions all rejected, although I'm a little troubled that my county was for the parental notification for abortion. In other political news, I took the test at Political Compass and learned that I'm Economic Left/Right: -7.25 and Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33, which puts me in Dalai Lama territory.

Kids taking vocabulary tests today. One was stumped at the following:

Distress means: a) success, b) trouble, c) permission

He asks me, "Is 'distress' the opposite of 'stress'?"

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What does one out of work teacher say to one with a job?

Hmm, don't have a punch line for that one yet.
(pass the homework, seemed lame)
I'll keep an eye on your blog, you can add me as a link.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home