Saturday, December 09, 2006

Movie ratings

Y-Llama posted asking for film suggestions and included a link to his IMDB ratings page. Annoyed at some of his whack-ass ratings (Undercover Brother and Legally Blonde rated higher than Airplane!????), I decided that the only way to combat this would be to do my own list. I'll keep a link to it in the sidebar as it's obviously a work in progress. So far I'm enjoying this as it feels good to give turds like Corpse Bride the low rating they deserve. I'll just rate movies I've seen recently unless they're movies I've seen a whole buncha times...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Airplane! is overrated. Amusing at times, true. But not even close to the top of the silly comedy genre.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man.. true romance only gets a 5? i love that movie. - molino

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a hard time rating elements of a large set. If you give me 3 things to order from my favorite to my least favorite, I can do it. If you give me 100 items, I find it hard to make the list consistent.

I have the habit of downloading lots of music that I don't particularly like and keeping it in my iTunes library. When I listen to music, I like to leave it on shuffle which often brings up songs I don't want to listen to... so I have to be very attentive to my playlist and I constantly end up skipping tracks. Frustrating. Several times I have attempted to rank my music so that iTunes will play more of the music I like more often, but I always fail at the task and end up clearing all my rankings.

After ranking say 200 songs, I will sort my library by ranking and although I thought I was doing a good job of ranking songs, I start noticing that songs seem "out of order."

As an alternative I've started just using a binary system. I check a song if it's a song I want to hear when I'm on shuffle and I uncheck it if it's a song I don't want to hear (iTunes has a setting to skip over unchecked songs in your library).

--molino

9:13 AM  
Blogger Felix Pardalis said...

1) Airplane! is not overrated; it practically re-invented the genre.

2) True Romance struck me as being too much of a comic book reader's fantasy

3) Yeah, it's a challenge to rate a huge set of elements. But I'll take that challenge on!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home