Wednesday, February 01, 2006

State of the Union

While the SotU speech was going on, I was watching the documentary Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room, which made a very dense matter quite understandable, as well as giving me some nice (unintended) irony. It was especially interesting to read about the rolling blackouts in California, which I missed (and didn't effect folks I knew anyway), as well as what led to Gray Davis' recall. I was kinda surprised that he had presidential ambitions, he always seemed really bland. Looks like his political career is over for now so we have one less John Kerry type to worry about.

Speaking of the SotU speech, be sure and read the truth about what was said from the excellent site Think Progress. Hey, even the AP is calling BS on him. And right now, I'm thinking his call to wean America from mideast oil just means he and his buddies have invested more in Canadian and Mexican sources. And I'm thrilled he's decided to ban chimera; the neighbor's minotaur has been bothering our rabbits!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home