Friday, January 13, 2006

Scratch that off the list

I had finally gotten around to listening to a nice song called Where's the Money Mr. Blair that I had learned about thru the DGM Live site. In downloading and listening to this fine track, I learned it had type of file I hadn't heard of, a Weed file. Going to the Weedshare site, I noticed that in the top 10 is a band called The Ultraviolet Catastrophe. That bothered me because I had 'Ultraviolet Catastrophe' on my list of potential band names when I learned about it in my 20th century physics class about 10 years ago. I think I still have some good names from that and my advanced Calculus classes...

DGM, incidentally, is a music company that grew out of my favorite band, King Crimson. Incidentally, today is the birthday of the Crimson King.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I'm the source of your troubles... The UltraViolet Catastrophe was my band in Seattle, first in 1983 (see http://www.einar.com/uvc.html for details about that time) then later in 1992... There was also a band called The Ultraviolet Catastrophe out of San Francisco later...

I first got the name from the book "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" on page 49 - quote: Physicists dubbed this problem "The Ultra-Violet Catastrophe." Although it sounds like a rock band...

...Steve>>>

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home