Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Mister slick superstar David Letterman

Today I read the news that a New Mexico woman claims David Letterman's been sending her secret messages during his broadcasts. My immediate reaction was "that's what he gets for jerking with his lapels for all of these years." Then I thought about it some more: he's been doing the weird little facial ticks, sticking his head in the camera, tie-adjusting, etc. for as long as I can remember. It's no wonder that somebody interpreted it as signals (aside from a cry for help). And what is it with Letterman attracting crazy people, like that woman who claimed to be his wife about 10 years ago?

In reading about Letterman at Wikipedia, I have learned that he founded the American Foundation for Courtesy and Grooming, a charitable organization that has contributed to Rutgers University, among other places. That's why I love Wikipedia.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home