Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Spelling

The Dean's Letter is really painful for me to read. I have gotten a number of memos at my school from people who have teaching credentials but don't know how to spell or use syntax properly. The admin staff (that is, secretaries) always spell things perfectly and have an idea on how to structure sentences despite some of these people not finishing a college degree. On the other hand, I've gotten a few memos from my site union rep (a credentialed teacher of many years experience) that I've wanted to mark up w/ my red pen and send back for revisions.

And as I went to post this, I got an email from my US representative that included this line, which probably was just part of an incomplete cut-and-paste job: "While it would appears that all these bills would aid in increasing renewable energy production, legislation often changes a great deal during the committee process."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home