Friday, August 04, 2006

Bad movies in waiting rooms

Took Ms. Goat to her ladyhole-doc the other day and we were forced to watch the cinematic turd Failure to Launch whilst in the waiting room. It made me think of another experience I had in a waiting room a few years ago when I took a family member to a colonoscopy appointment (their procedure, not mine). In the waiting room of that doctor's office they were playing the painful-to-watch Popeye movie and it occured to me that the only positive effect that it could have would be to make the patient's upcoming colonoscopy seem like a relief. Failure to Launch could have the same effect at an ob/gyn office, tho those appointments presumably aren't always difficult; also, the other people in the waiting room were enjoying those wacky romantic hijinks. For me, one of the more annoying elements of the movie was making the actually talented and cute Zooey Deschanel 2nd banana to the terribly unattractive and unfunny Sarah Jessica Parker.

And it's not just that she's unattractive, but that she looks way too much like Dee Snider (of Twisted Sister fame). I also don't like the way she was fine with her costars on Sex in the City engaging in realistic nudity but she always had the stupid ol' L-shaped blanket, something that never looked more out of place than in SitC. That's right, I'm not gonna take it... anymore!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I watched Failure to Launch on a plane. And regretted it. I wonder if anyone watched this piece of shit in a normal setting, like a movie theater. I wonder if anyone liked it.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home