Thursday, December 08, 2005

Close encounters of the Crip kind

The kids these days are talking a lot about Tookie Williams, who may be executed next week, depending on The Governator's decision. It's interesting to see these kids aware of current events, for once.

While reading some about Tookie, I learned that I associated with some gang members back when I was in high school. For the first year and a half or so of my high school career (before I got my license), I had to take public transit to my high school. The bus line I took started in the hood and ended up in a nicer area, so some of my fellow riders were rough-looking types. I remembered they called each other "cuzz" and talked a lot about "bustin' up some slobs" over the weekends. According to Wikipedia's Crips entry, that identifies those fine fellows as Crips (and the "slobs" are Bloods). Those were very educational rides.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home